My very first Scrapbook Sketch!!!

I'm pretty savvy at Photoshop, and I like to play around, but one thing I never thought I'd ever make was a sketch.  But now I've gone and done just that!  

At The Wild Hare Kits, we have a sketch challenge every month, and different design team members have been volunteering to make the sketches.  No one had done one for December and since I had a sketch post due right at the beginning of the month, I thought I might as well give it a try.  That way I could tailor it to what I actually wanted to do with my kit! ;)

The hardest part was coming up with the concept.  I wanted to do a circular layout, but didn't want to use circles or wreaths.  I had a vague memory of a layout I'd seen some years ago with triangles pointed inward forming a circle that I'd always wanted to try.  And I have a quilt pattern that's similar that I also have been wanting to try. So I started with that.

Once I did a rough sketch on 12 x 12 graph paper, I measured out the triangles and figured out that if I cut a rectangle at 1 1/2" x 2 3/4", marked off the midpoint of one of the short sides, and then cut from the corners to the midpoint, I would have triangles that fit the layout.  I used the shape tool to approximate that, and then had the tedious job of replicating it 16 times and coloring them four separate shades of grey.  After that, the rest was easy peasy. I LOVE the result!



I have a hard time doing things half measure, so I even designed myself a little signature logo. :)  I'll be sharing my resulting layout soon!