Summer has begun!

Yesterday was the last day of school.  Pixie's 2nd grade class had a Pizza & Root Beer float +  watching Tangled party to end the year with a bang!  It was tons of fun.  Felt bad for the other 2nd grade class, but hey I guess we had the cool moms with cool ideas! ;)

The cutest thing - her teacher gave them these school "yearbooks" and they went around signing each other's.  How. Cute. Is. That! 


I brought silverware and stuff to the party and a big hit were these super colorful, fun, large diameter straws that I got from - of all places - JCPenny Home store.  They were just in an "under $5" bin, and cost $1.99 for 50.  (as you can see we used many up.)  The moms were like "where'd you get those, they are so cool".  The kids liked them too. ;)

I remember growing up how fun and rare it was to get one of those twisty straws.  So if I see unusual straws I get some, and the girls love them. We don't use them all the time but sometimes they like to use the skinny coffee stir sticks for their hot chocolate and I always use the jumbo wide ones for our smoothies and milkshakes.  Just adds a fun novelty to your beverage!  So look around at the grocery stores, dollar stores, restaurant supply stores, and even the "home" department stores during the spring/summer time and you might score something fun for really cheap.  Maybe even some Asian stores, since I saw they use them for bubble tea.  I did a quick search on Amazon - my absolute favorite online place to shop - and found these, and these, and these.  And here at Nutsonline.  Not as cost effective as local, but if you absolutely want some and can't find them, and maybe rinse and reuse....and I'm sure the WWW has plenty of other places to find them. 
I keep all sort of staws by my Magic Bullet blender ready for smoothies & shakes!