Family Matters

I've been all out of sorts all week.  (Truth be told, been out of sorts since2 weeks ago when we all had the stomach flu)  This weekend was particularly crazy.  No lazy Memorial Day weekend for us.  Pixie had a 5 day weekend.  We suddenly went shopping for some new stuff, in addition to the other new stuff we'd already been shopping for/ordered in the last couple weeks.  So I feel my house is topsy turvy with all the re-arranging and cleaning out going on.  SIL #2 had her baby boy Sunday morning!  The BBQ SIL #1 hosted that day was a little crazy, they drove at crack of dawn a couple of hours up to where baby was being born then came down to host tons of people at their house.  We drove down there that day, then Monday drove up to meet the new baby.  Then I got word that my mom was in the hospital in Puerto Rico because it looks like she had a small heart attack on Saturday.  She was fine, but went to the Dr. on Monday, they ran some tests and put her in ICU for observation.  Today she had a Cardiac Catheterization and they found no problems.  Yay!  The hardest part for me was having her so far away and how hard it is to get info.  And she was scheduled to fly up to my sister's in Chicago this Saturday, so my sis is scrambling to change everything.  I only got to talk to my mom directly Monday night while she was still in emergency awaiting an ICU bed.  But now the news is good, she might go home tomorrow or Saturday and be cleared to fly to the States in a couple of days. I'm still worried because my mom has medical issues and medicines they had to change to do the procedure, the biggest worry is clots.  But still the fact that her heart looks fine is such a relief!


So I haven't been in much of a crafty mood.  I've sorta been a hermit the past couple days, been doing alot of escape reading.  I had this online class I was starting today and wasn't sure if I could get to it.  But now that so much of the uncertainty has been removed, I feel like I can go ahead.  Details in next post....