The Comfy Chair

2003

Under the quilt and boppy you can see my nursery chair, a gift from my mother and sisters in law.  It had thin denim color pads.  Not super comfy, let me tell ya!  So I decided to replace the cushions with 5" foam (from Joanns) that EC cut to shape.  The foam is dark green so I made white muslin covers for them, and on top yellow chenille covers.  I know it is super hard to look past that cutie Pixie with her Hippy, but this is how it looked for a few years.
2004

And then when Ariel was born I decided to cover the arms as well, so this is how it was for another couple of years. (Again, try to look past the other cutie!)
2007

It sure was comfy with the new pads!  It was used daily for 3 years in our first home, and 2 years in our apartment but once we moved to our current home I decided Ariel was big girl enough that there was no need for it.  (nor the crib - she was just over 2 years old, so she got a big girl bed)  So that chair was stored at EC's grandmother's garage.  Until a couple of weekends ago.  Last week it got a fancy makeover with super soft dot Minky in yummy chocolate brown.  And coordinating polka dot ribbon border on the pockets, just because that would make it that much sweeter. :)

2011
I've been looking forward to passing on this chair to SIL #1 for years now....so happy it has a new life and a new home. :)

May 22 2011 - SIL#1 with Someday - T minus 3 weeks ;)