6 Random things about me

1.  My introduction to craftiness started when I learned how to crochet from my Titi (Auntie) Yoli when in Puerto Rico when I  was 8 years old.  I promptly forgot again.  It wasn't till HS that I started doing some cross-stitch and then late college when my MIL introduced me to the wonderful world of quilting.

2.  I am perpetually late for everything.  Appointments, dropping off kids at school, finishing projects.  You name it.  As my sister once put it, we  run on Puerto Rico time.  (Right now in Puerto Rico is 4 hours behind my Pacific Standard time but that really refers to life moving at a slower pace over there)
 
3.  I was in the Airforce ROTC for 6 months my freshman year in college.  Had to drive down to LA from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo every Friday (4 hr drive), stay at one girl's grandma's house, get up at 5am, and spend the whole Saturday in a state of anxiety over all the rules and regulations and all the gung-ho cadets that I was physically inferior to.  Didn't take me long to realize the military was not for me.

4.  I eat chocolate daily and I'm a chocolate snob.  No Hershey's and Nestle for me, they are just waxy nastiness, IMO.  Bring on the premium chocolatiers like Ghirardelli, Scharffen Berger, and Vosges.  I'm a dark chocolate kind of gal.  Milk chocolate is "bleh".  White chocolate is ok.  And never ever mix chocolate with fruit. (Yuck)  But bacon in chocolate gets my thums up!  My current favorite is Ghirardelli's Twilight Delight.  ;)

5.  And speaking of Twilight....I estimate that I've re-vamped the Saga 19 times all the way through.  Only 2 reading, the rest on audiobook.  (Thank goodness for audiobooks cuz otherwise there would be 2 years worth of "stuff" piled up waiting for me to do. )

6.  I trump Elizabeth on scissors.  I have 25 scissors on my property! (See Elizabeth's post here.)
  ~ 2 in the master closet - 1 general pair, one hair shears
  ~ 1 general pair in the master bedroom in Jason's desk
  ~ 1 small  pair in master bath
  ~ 4 general pairs in my crafting studio, 2 large 2 small
  ~ 2 large Gingers (fabric scissors) in my studio
  ~ 2 embroidery sized ones in my studio
  ~ 1 embroidery sized one w/ my current hand project in the living room.
  ~ 2 on Claire's desk
  ~ 4 kids sized in the kids arts and crafts nook
  ~ 1 general pair in kids arts & crafts nook
  ~ 1 kitchen shears in knife drawer
  ~ 2 general pairs in garage
  ~ 2 kids size out with arts & crafts in the back patio

Elizabeth, what does that say about us?  Either we are perfect boy scout material, or seriously OCD!  (but we knew that already ;D )