Never lose your sense of Wonder

This is such a happy layout and was so much fun. Inspired by the paper strip background on this Cathy Martin process video, I actually enjoyed cutting into my paper!  There's something about strips that makes me giddy!  I used a mix of 6x6 and 12x12 from the Amy Tangerine Plus One collection, the B side of an October Afternoon cut-apart sheet *gasp*, and a few much older papers. Only winced a little (and carefully chose which cut-aparts I wanted to save) on the October Afternoon. My favorite Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, acrylic paint from Studio Calico, and some of my newly purchased Sulky 12 wt thread spools (equivalent to 2 ply of the regular embroidery thread) round out most of the supplies.


I'm a bit smitten with those thread bundles, made to mimic the butterfly wing shape a bit, and everything meant to show movement and lightness, like the wispy threads flying from my DD1's fingers.


The title is cut using the Willona Brush script font I downloaded (for free!) at Creative Market.  Sign up for their emails, they have 6 new freebies every Monday.  I did have to tweek the "W" slightly in the Silhouette design software because it felt too out of proportion for me. 


Am loving the result of the white-on-white title, popped up with some thin dimensional adhesive. The hubby proclaimed this one of his favorite layouts ever.  I'm a pattern paper girl at heart, but I might just embrace the white cardstock background trend after all...