Live Life in Color

Here's the page I created for challenge 1 of the Online Scrapbooking Weekend at Shimelle.com  This challenge was to use one or more of the ideas from previous challenges (that I'd missed out on): selfies; hearts; mixing old with new; monochromatic; maps or globes.  I managed to tick off the boxes for ALL of those! :D



Monochromatic was the hardest thing for me, not something I've ever done before and at first I had no idea what I could do with that.  But I remembered that I had selfies of different hair colors and thought how perfect would it be to do the opposite effect of a black/white photo matching any color scheme - instead have color in the photo be THE focus.  Of course I couldn't resist making the word "Color" in the title in color!  I'd never die-cut watercolor paper on my Silhouette Cameo before, and forgot to double cut, so it was a bit of a pain to detach and I had to go over it with more color... but in the end I made it work.  The "Journey" metal tag is the old (like so old I don't even know who made it or what year, maybe around 2007 ish?) while everything else is actually really new.  Just my luck to have a map print in grey!  And this layout is about a journey, both metaphorical and real, so I didn't just throw that in to round out the challenge.  I didn't have white heart-shaped enamel dots (on my list!) so I used Tim Holtz enamel accents on some wood veneers.  The die-cut hexagon mat came from Ashely Horton's Old Favorites with a New Twist class at Big Picture Classes.

This is a layout that is so outside the box for me (literally, since I went with hexis!), something I would never have come up with on my own if it weren't for the challenge and the BPC class.  And I'm totally smitten by it.